(509)574-3400 Fax: (509)249-4458
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cancer care patients and their caregivers, families and friends are welcome to renew their mind, body and spirit with a number of classes and events held at North Star Lodge. Provided through generous donations to The Memorial Foundation, patient also receive support for medication assistance, nutritional snacks in infusion care, nutritional supplements, and a wide range of patient and caregiver therapy programs. 89% of your donations go directly to programs.
Donations also ensure that we're able to offer the latest in technological advancements for cancer prevention, detection and treatment, in addition to other life-threatening diseases. Private gifts also leverage significant additional investment, permitting our programs to successfully compete for prestigious foundation grants that do not cover the full cost of research and care.
To minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19, Virginia Mason Memorial (VMM) would like to remind all patients and visitors that masks are REQUIRED at all VMM facilities, including our clinics.
To conserve supplies, we request that all patients and visitors bring masks to their appointments. A limited number of reusable cloth masks, made by community members, will be available if you need one.
We also strongly encourage all community members to wear masks when in public &emdash; this is one of our best tools to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What are we doing to keep cancer patients safe during COVID-19?
- Screening every patient for COVID-19 symptoms outside North Star Lodge
- Segregating suspected COVID-19 patients on a separate floor
- Giving chemo and radiation treatment at the end of the work day to anyone with COVID-19 or post-COVID-19 infection to ensure patient safety and to allow for the space to be sanitized
- Sending all patients with COVID-19 symptoms for immediate screening
- Creating safe distancing between chemo chairs
- Conducting televisits in parking lot for patients needing technical assistance in the use of clinic iPads
- Increasing hydration and supportive care to reduce ED and hospital visits
- Putting in place same-day symptom management visits
- Providing masks to all visitors to the building
- Ensuring all staff working with patients wear masks
- Reducing the number of patients and staff in the clinic to ensure social distancing
COVID-19 Resources For North Star Lodge Patients
Bench To Bedside: COVID-19 » COVID-19 Q&A for cancer patients featuring Dr. Joseph McGuirk, medical director of blood and marrow transplant and cellular therapeutics, and Dr. Dana Hawkinson, medical director of infection control and prevention.