(509)574-3400 Fax: (509)249-4458
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
North Star Lodge has a number of national partnerships with other cooperative trial groups as well as with pharmaceutical sponsored trials initiated directly from our collaboration with the US Oncology Research Network. These relationships give us access to the nation's largest integrated cancer research platform with a broad range of industry trials and novel therapies for our patients.
Our physicians are members of national research groups regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, the National Institute of Health and the National Cancer Institute. The Institute Review Board is comprised of local medical personnel from other hospitals and lay people from Yakima who oversee the research studies open to the patients at North Star Lodge. We have clinical trials staff whose sole purpose is to search out and maintain trials that will benefit our patients.
Also of interest...
To minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19, Virginia Mason Memorial (VMM) would like to remind all patients and visitors that masks are REQUIRED at all VMM facilities, including our clinics.
To conserve supplies, we request that all patients and visitors bring masks to their appointments. A limited number of reusable cloth masks, made by community members, will be available if you need one.
We also strongly encourage all community members to wear masks when in public &emdash; this is one of our best tools to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What are we doing to keep cancer patients safe during COVID-19?
- Screening every patient for COVID-19 symptoms outside North Star Lodge
- Segregating suspected COVID-19 patients on a separate floor
- Giving chemo and radiation treatment at the end of the work day to anyone with COVID-19 or post-COVID-19 infection to ensure patient safety and to allow for the space to be sanitized
- Sending all patients with COVID-19 symptoms for immediate screening
- Creating safe distancing between chemo chairs
- Conducting televisits in parking lot for patients needing technical assistance in the use of clinic iPads
- Increasing hydration and supportive care to reduce ED and hospital visits
- Putting in place same-day symptom management visits
- Providing masks to all visitors to the building
- Ensuring all staff working with patients wear masks
- Reducing the number of patients and staff in the clinic to ensure social distancing
COVID-19 Resources For North Star Lodge Patients
Bench To Bedside: COVID-19 » COVID-19 Q&A for cancer patients featuring Dr. Joseph McGuirk, medical director of blood and marrow transplant and cellular therapeutics, and Dr. Dana Hawkinson, medical director of infection control and prevention.